TUESDAY, MAY 26, 2020
12755 N. HOUSTON-ROSSLYN RD
HOUSTON, TX 77086
DOORS OPEN AT 5:30 P.M.
ANNUAL MEETING UPDATE
In light of COVID-19, we are holding a condensed version of our Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held in person; however, we are making a few changes to maintain the safety of both members and employees.
- People 65 years or older, and/or people with medical issues, like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, or a weakened immune system, are at a higher risk for getting sick from COVID‑19. If you are in a high-risk group, we encourage you to weigh the risks of attending the meeting. The annual report is available to review online here.
- We are sanitizing all branch surfaces frequently.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- 6’ social distancing will be maintained.
- Face masks will be required. If you do not have one, we will provide one at the door.
- Your temperature will be taken at the door.
- No food or door prizes will be provided.
RULES FOR NOMINATION FROM THE FLOOR AT THE ANNUAL MEETING
Nominations cannot be made from the floor and the election will not be conducted by ballot when there is only one nominee for each position to be filled.
PROCEDURES FOR THE ELECTION
Nominations will be posted in a conspicuous place at the credit union office by April 24, 2020 – 30 days before the Annual Meeting.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & TERM EXPIRATIONS
CHAIRMAN | Steve Emmott | 2022
VICE-CHAIRMAN | Harvey L. Hayes, Jr. | 2022
SECRETARY | Dee Farino | 2022
TREASURER | James Reynolds | 2020*
DIRECTOR | Janice Mayes Clayton | 2022
DIRECTOR | Marlin Phillips | 2021
DIRECTOR | Michael Camphire | 2020*
*These Board Members are up for reelection in 2020.
NOMINEES BY PETITION
Nominations for the vacancies may also be made by petition. Nominees by petition:
- Must be made with 1% of members’ signatures (minimum of 20 and maximum of 500).
- Nominations by petition must be sent to the Credit Union Board of Director Secretary via registered or certified mail no later than February 10, 2020.
- Candidates must submit a statement of qualifications and biographical data with the petition.
MEETING SET FOR MAY 26, 2020
The election will be conducted at the Annual Meeting. Irrespective of the number of shares, no member has more than one vote. All elections are determined by plurality vote. When only one member is nominated for each position to be filled, the chairman of the board may take a voice vote or declare each nominee elected by general consent or acclamation at the annual meeting. No member may vote by proxy. An organization, incorporated or otherwise, holding membership in the credit union may only be represented by one person authorized to represent it and said authorization shall be maintained on file in the credit union.
CHAIRMAN | Harvey Hayes
Marlin Phillips | Janice Mayes-Clayton
The Nominating Committee presents the following candidates for the Board of Directors. They have met all the qualifications to be elected to the Board of Directors.
Mr. Reynolds has served SPCO CU as a volunteer for approximately 18 years and is currently a member of the board of directors. Mr. Reynolds attends state credit union meetings and education sessions.
Mike is an Account Executive with a local financial equipment provider. His focus on excellent customer service and industry knowledge makes him a perfect fit as a Director for SPCO Credit Union. Mike earned his Bachelor of Science in Finance at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Mike has volunteered on two previous Boards of Directors, Greater Heights Area Chamber of Commerce and Graphic Arts Credit Union. Mike is currently serving as a member of several local Chapters of Credit Unions, such as the Houston Chapter, Sabine Chapter, and Piney Woods Chapter.