In addition to our existing SPCO location, now you can access your SPCO accounts from dozens of additional locations all over Houston and thousands of locations nationwide. We’ve partnered with CO-OP Shared Branch so you have easy access to your accounts, wherever you go!
Shared branching is a nationwide network of over 5,000 credit union locations. This cooperative network will allow you to access your SPCO accounts from another credit union’s location when you’re on-the-go.
To Locate a Shared Branch Location Near You
Text a Zip code to 91989
SB = Shared Branch and SBX = Shared Branch express
Please note that SPCO does not participate in the CO-OP ATM network, so you will need to limit your search to Shared Branch locations. Additionally, SPCO does not participate in the 7-11 Shared Branch locations.
Remember, every Shared Branch location is different, so it’s a good idea to call ahead before you visit to ensure you’ll be able to complete the transactions you need.
Frequently Asked Shared Branching Questions
- Withdrawal limits vary per Credit Union location
- Balance inquiries
- Loan payments
- Transaction histories (Last 10 transactions)
- Optional services may be available at Shared Branch credit unions such as coin counting, Money Orders, Traveler’s Cheques, and Cashier’s Checks. Their applicable fees may apply.
NOTE: Since optional services and their fees vary from location to location, check with individual branches before your visit for a complete menu of available services.
- The length of a check hold is determined by SPCO; at this time it is 2 business days.
- You may be required to fill out transaction slips.
- Valid government-issued photo identification is required at each visit.
- Drive-thru service may not be available to “Guest Members” at participating credit unions.
- Answers to questions or concerns with your statement.
- Any account information over the phone.
- SPCO Credit Union loan, savings, and other rates.
- Direct Deposit and Automatic Transfer set ups.
- Replacement or re-pin of your ATM or debit card.
- Valid government-issued photo ID with signature (Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID)
- Know your Credit Union name (the teller must enter it exactly as follows: SPCO CU)
- Account Number (Shared Branches do not have the ability to look up your account number by name or social security number)
- Shared Branch locations have varied policies based on the particular financial institution and based on the funds available in your account.
- Shared Branch locations, at their discretion, may disburse additional funds provided they have the funds available and SPCO CU allows the transaction to process. Refer to the first bullet point above.
Other Important Information:
- If you have a password on your account, the Shared Branch will not have access to that information and therefore will not ask for you to provide it.
- If you have any alerts on your account such as Update Address, See Collections or Garnishments, you will not be able to do any transactions at the Shared Branches until those have been taken care of with us.
- Certain transactions at Shared Branch locations may require a thumbprint.
- Transactions made after 7 p.m. will be posted on the next business day.
- No third party check will be accepted.
- If you write a check from your SPCO Credit Union checking account, the recipient can only cash the check at a Shared Branch location if they are a member of a credit union that participates in Shared Branching.